Friday, September 25, 2015

Fall is here! New line in production

I am so very happy with the response to my Day at the Beach or Prairie Vista line of products.
People get the landscape idea, and it is so interesting to hear people talk about prairie pride, and it makes sense to them that we celebrate where we live.  Each piece is a bit different in terms of glaze overlap and people can pick the pieces that speak to them. I am making bigger pieces like teapots, utensil holders and serving dishes to go along with the mugs and bowls.

So, now my mind is percolating to something new, something simple and post modern.  I haven't come up with a name yet, as it is still bubbling around and pieces are thrown but not yet glazed. This will be another one I can fire in my kiln at home, as part of my goal towards self sufficiency and less dependence on the gas firing kiln.  It is good to more or less be in charge of when I can fire, it just gets less comfortable as fall sets in and I will only have a few more weeks of glazing outside in my backyard glazing area.

This weekend we have our big Etsy Made in Canada market at the Neeginan center, but on Sunday I will be madly working on firing more buttons and yarn bowls for the Manitoba Fibre Festival on October 2 and 3rd at the Assiniboia Downs.
If anybody has requests for items for either show, send me a message at nancyblokland@msn.com.  always aiming to please my peeps!

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It