Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tomato harvest around the corner

tomatoes at my house are numerous, just really green.  Perhaps this is the year where I should try fried green tomatoes.  Hoping they continue to produce through September , I have many plans for them.

One of the tough things about gardening is the timing piece I find.  How do you know how long it will take for fruits and veg to be ready for picking?? It seems like mid August is always crazy with cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes and other things and there is no time to enjoy it all.  You just find room in the freezer or steam up the kitchen with the canner until it feels like the amazon rain forest and smells like a vinegar factory.

I am going to do my best to pick out five or so recipes to stick to, marinara sauce, a chutney, dry some of the tomatoes and keep them in olive oil, and make lots of yummy zucchini chocolate cakes and fritters.

What will you be doing with your harvest???

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It