Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Community Supported Agriculture for Casi Cielo (almost Heaven)








Casi Cielo-CSA



I am developing a Community Supported Agriculture project for my micro Urban Farm, called Casi Cielo or Almost Heaven for 2013. I have a small house on a big yard in Norwood/St. Boniface where I am living out the principle of grow food, not lawns.



Since my “farm” is quite small, my plan is to offer a crate of fresh, organic (not certified) , locally grown fruit and vegetables on a weekly baiss starting at the end of June until mid September for a total of 13 weeks. A share in the Casi Cielo project will 300.00 (or 23.07 per week). The food will be fresh, full of nutrients and hand picked. There is risk in any farming or gardening venture, but I will aim ensure a good quantity, with high quality food throughout the season. Peter Rabbit ensures that we have well naturally fertilized soil that is augmented by compost. Amounts and types of produce will vary with the seasons, and the weather conditions. I will grow a variety of greens, root vegetables, squashes, herbs and beans. My aim is to supply enough vegetables for a family of four, or two vegetarians for each week. Pick up locations will be one mid city (downtown) point and my home in St. Boniface. Pick ups will be on Friday afternoons.



My Philosophy

I love growing food and flowers. I love sharing the fruits of my labours with others, and would love to grow full time. I want my customers to know how I grow the food, and even have input into what I grow, to match the needs of their family’s diet. If you cannot pick up your vegetables due to travel or other summer time issues, please call and let me know if you are sending an alternate. Food should not be wasted!!
I will offer 13 weeks of produce from the end of June to mid September, with produce available based on early to late producing vegetables and fruit and herbs.  I will be growing rhubarb, spinach, kale, lettuce,onions, raspberries, strawberries, apples, tomatoes, peppers, ground cherries, beans, carrots , beans and a variety of squashes.  Each share is 300.00, breaking down to 23. 10 per week with a wooden crate of produce every week!

I need 3 more families to make this viable and hope that you will support me in this new adventure. 
If you want to be a part of my farm dream comin alive; email me at nancyblokland@msn.com, with your name, address, and phone number. deposit of 50.00 required by April 15th, with the remainder due June 1, 2013. Please call me with questions, concerns or requests at 204-799-3792





No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts

handmade

Make It And Love It